TITLE: Data and Investments Analytics Analyst
ENQUIRES: [email protected]
LOCATION: London, EC3M 1DT
We’re looking for Data and Investment Analytics Analyst at Strata to join our team on multiple client projects. We are a fast growing and dynamic financial services consulting business with an enviable roster of high-profile Top 100 asset manager clients.
As a Data and Investment Analytics Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in helping to define and plan effective approaches to client projects which are rooted in business architecture and implementation across the investment lifecycle.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll be working with front office client stakeholders and subject matter experts in our internal business and will have access to unrivalled expertise and tools to facilitate your work. You’ll drive work forward from inception to client acceptance using Agile and Waterfall methodologies (depending on client).
Your Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with an asset manager or similar organisation, working directly with Front Office teams (minimum 3 years)
- Hands on experience with relational databases (SQL Server preferred), data modelling, and SQL (minimum 3 years).
- Strong programming skills in at least one object-oriented programming language e.g., c#, Java, Python
- Confidence to engage in discussions with colleagues across the investment, operations, change and technology functions.
- Ability to define and document business requirements and an ability to adapt approach to deliver effectively.
- Experience with a variety of appropriate methods and tools (i.e., BPMN, facilitating workshops, process flows, Visio, MIRO).
- Ability to negotiate pragmatic solutions that meet conflicting business requirements.
- Good technical knowledge and an ability to translate and act as intermediary between the business and technical functions.
- Awareness of full project life cycle including defining user requirements, defining test scenarios and user acceptance testing (and the use of tools to support management and execution).
- Strong inter-personal and organisational skills.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate clearly and effectively – in writing or in person.
- Proficient in the use of JIRA and Confluence (and application of Agile).
Set Yourself Apart With:
- An Agile mindset
- CFA / Masters in Finance
- Good ESG business knowledge
Benefits of Working at Strata:
We pride ourselves on offering highly competitive compensation together with a considered and evolving array of benefits. Most importantly, we offer an inclusive, supportive, and progressive work environment with an emphasis on learning, personal development, and employee wellbeing.
Supporting a healthy work-life balance, our benefits range from flexible working policies, access to high quality counselling, coaching and support services as well as access to private medical schemes and excellent family-oriented policies. We provide for a ‘Work Away’ scheme allowing employees to work from a location of their choice for up to 90 days.
We are a social company, reflected in our endorsement of the concept of community as a core value and realised through team building exercises, away days, and social activities. Culture is every bit as important to our success as our expertise and delivery of value to our clients.
The tenets of Agile carry in everything we do – continuous feedback and improvement being central to how we operate. We benchmark, act on employee feedback, and strive to deliver an exceptional employee experience.
- 25 days paid annual leave (and public holidays)
- Flexible working policies
- Significant personal L&D investment
- Private medical scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Maternity/Adoption (20 weeks full pay)
- Paternity (up to 2 weeks full pay)
- Access to counselling, coaching and support services as part of wellbeing initiatives
- Pension (10% employer contribution)
Strata is a strategic partner to our clients in the asset management sector. We specialise in the design and implementation of change programmes that maximise the impact of BlackRock’s Aladdin. We draw on extensive experience to co-create the best target operating model for our clients and with 10+ Aladdin implementations both directly with clients as well as on behalf of BlackRock Solutions (as their only trusted implementation partner). We have an unrivalled level of expertise in house, offering end-to-end service from product selection, through implementation supported by a substantial investment in learning and development programmes to ensure our teams are equipped with the best thinking and methods in service of our clients.
We are a rapidly scaling start up and Agile centred business united by our core values (Community, Humility, Resilience, Growth Mindset, Positivity, Creativity and Openness).