Our Alternatives team combine industry leading Programme Management expertise with in-depth knowledge of alternative software solutions and specialist expertise in the eFront platform. We draw upon the following experience to deliver value to our clients:
- First-hand knowledge of direct and indirect investment across the Private Equity, Venture Capital, Private Credit, Real Estate, and Infrastructure asset classes.
- Diverse knowledge across all Front to Back Office functions borne from first-hand experience working within General and Limited Partners.
- Best practice Governance Framework to allow for an effective Change Programme to deliver on-time and within budget.
- Collective experience and knowledge in order to design and deliver the most effective Alts Change Programme.
- Client success based upon mutual accountability for delivering successful project outcomes.
Nick rockhold | Head of alternative Investment Practice
Pre sales consulting
Guiding clients through the myriad of product, process and people considerations to set up for success
Target operating model design
Design of the future state of operations and the roles & responsibilities of each function to support a scalable investment practice to meet long-term growth.
Design of the technological landscape to provide an integrated and adaptable solution across deal flow, trade execution, accounting, compliance, portfolio management and reporting.
Ongoing strategy and advice as you scale and maximise your proposition on eFront
Turning the vision into reality to deliver the Target Operating Model and Technological Architecture to a timeline and budget, and ensuring business buy-in and adoption.
Testing and migration
Expert guidance through the future state migration phase, from initial testing/UAT, through model office, parallel running, and cut over
The success of a project is often determined by strong governance with core project principles including:
- Clear project oversight, reporting and decision-making structure.
- Have an adaptable, de-risked approach to project management and delivery that fits client needs.
- Early and consistent Stakeholder Engagement to aid in clearly defined requirements and to obtain user adoption of the solution.
- Realisation of early business value is often more important than providing a perfect solution.
- Adoption of industry standard business processes and utilisation of native system functionality.
- Target architectural simplicity and limit integration points between platforms or data siloes to reduce technological effort and data administrative overhead.
- Build for the future and deliver a flexible solution that will allow for growth.
“Strata have integrated seamlessly into many areas of Newton’s Aladdin implementation project, providing deep subject matter expertise on the system and valuable experience of the challenges and pitfalls learned through their prior implementations.”
"Strata have extensive knowledge and expertise on both complex OTC products and the Aladdin system, which they have utilised to great effect. The impact of their strategic approach and dynamic team on the Swiss Re business means we are already seeing a significant return on investment."